Followers

Thanks for stoppin by

Monday, February 9, 2015

No other words come to mind for this day... Febuary 8, 2015




First off let me just say "I am seriously getting older. And it is hitting me!" Looking at today's date is like a serious slap in the face. I never really understood what my mom was feeling or going through when she would turn to me and say "My have times changed." I mean I remember when the FIRST smartphone came out!

OK, so back to today. Where should I start? Well husband is back after a *cough* 45 days being away. That's another story for another time. Anyway... He had what we will call a LONG WEEKEND. Still going on now. My kids have just topped me off. I love them, I REALLY do. But man can they drive me up to wall sometimes. I have said prayers asking for help with patience. BIG MISTAKE. no not really. more of a "if you ask you will receive" lesson. Note that I say 'lesson'. you never can really learn something, especially a new personality trait, unless you go through trials where that trait is put to the test. And that is the case with patience and my kids..hopefully I don't sound like I am rambling on here.

My youngest (2 years old) is sometimes the one that teaches me these lessons. She is by far my most...spirited and fear-nothing child. We started off the day just fine. Oldest (7 years old) gets up first, followed by my middle (4 years old), then my youngest...dun dun dun (enter Darth Vader's them song here).

While I was getting dressed for the day (I learned a lesson here and I will list those lesson learned at the end of the post) M3 decided she would sneak into my in-laws room and get the NAIL POLISH! I hate the stuff may I note. I would rather spend the money to have someone paint mine then have to buy it, take it home and have this problem..exactly!! Anyways. She took the evil polish back to her bedroom where she proceeded to paint herself - left leg from toe to groin, left arm from elbow to fingertip, and her right hand - and if that wasn't enough she splattered the carpet with it like it was a piece of canvas. I'm sure M2 helped in some way but I cant link her...yet. No amount of nail polish remover or hot water and soap took all of it off. She will be attending evening service with a knee caps covered in mermaid scale nail polish! *giggle*

Now lets fast forward about 2 hours. As I'm scrubbing the carpet and talking to my grandmother (hubby's grandmother), M1 comes up to me and says "Mom! M3 has white stuff all over her butt!!" Seriously? She seriously got into daddy's shaving cream? Yup she sure did! Lord HELP ME! The girl...the GIRL got down to her birthday suit, covered herself in shaving cream and then walked on all fours roaring. She looked at me with those eyes of excitement and said "I like a polar bear mama!! Roarrrr!!!" I could do nothing but LAUGH!! I laughed so hard I could have peed my pants. Good thing I have been doing my kegals *smile*.

So I just cleaned it up and let her do her thing. It was cute honestly and a memory I will share with her later in life. But...dun dun duuunnn... when I was almost done with cleaning up the bathroom. M3 comes to me and tell me with a serious face, "Mama I pooped in dine room and I stepped in it." Why Child? Why? She then says "It was warm mama. very warm." This time I didn't laugh. I took a moment, asked for some advice from others who have gone through days like this or has a child like this, and then shoved all my kids out in the backyard. I cleaned up the mess and now I'm writing about it.

Its crazy what happens when you pray for something. Don't you see your prayers are being answered at the most craziest times in your life sometimes? But when you are able to stop and look at the moment in its entirety, its so clear.

Oh yea, the lessons I learned today...or so far. 1) When you pray for something, be prepared for that prayer to be ANSWERED! It may not be the answer we were hoping for, but it was ANSWERED. 2) Sometimes you have to sacrifice a little more time to keeping areas closed and locked. 3) Sometimes dressing with a toddler in the room is the smartest idea. 4) Laughing at times that are frustrating and just push all those buttons its good to let out a loud and long laugh. 5) No matter what happens God knows what the outcome will be. And if you hold tight to Him, you will always see the light at the end of the tunnel and make it through.



God's many blessings to you

Chrisi
Proverbs 31:30

No comments:

Post a Comment